Rules and Legal Mumbo Jumbo
- The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles or similar drawings are not gifts and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions.
- The Winner of the Prize shall be responsible for any and all taxes including all federal, state, and local income taxes associated with the receipt of the Prize by the Winner for tax purposes of income equal to the fair market value of the Prize. The Sponsor is obligated to report the value of the prize to tax authorities as income, and a W-9 or similar tax forms must be completed by the Winner for the purposes of tax withholding.
- Participants do not need to be present at the drawing. If not present, the winning entrant will be notified of his/her winning immediately upon identification verification following the actual drawing via telephone, mail, or email. The holder of the Winning ticket must claim the Prize within 30 days of the drawing.
- By entering this drawing, the entrant agrees to be bound by these rules and regulations and the decisions of the Sponsor shall be final.
- All personal information collected by and during the Raffle will be used for administration of the Raffle. Neither the Raffle Sponsor nor any of its affiliates or participating Charities will share, sell, or otherwise distribute personal information collected for this Raffle.
- Each prize and its related tax liability belongs 100% to the person named on a ticket.
- Under IRS rules, amounts paid for tickets are not tax-deductable expect to the extent allowed as gambling losses
- The odds of winning this raffle prize depend on the number of tickets purchased by participants. There will be a maximum of 5,000 tickets sold. Individuals who purchase one (1) ticket will have a one (1) in five thousand chance of winning.
- There will be one "South Sea Adventure Ticket" winner in this raffle. The winner will receive two (2) air coach tickets to Fiji and lodging for up to one week (7) days at an incredible
- The Airfare must leave and return from the United States. If you wish to leave or return from anywhere else, we will try and accommodate you if possible. Their may be a fee involved. Please remember we are a non-profit.
WAIVER/LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
- Entry purchasers, by participating (and winners, by accepting a prize) release the Cultured Pearl Association and its respective board, committee members, volunteers, partners, vendors, agents representatives, sponsors, service agencies and independent contractors, and each of their respective directors, officers, partners, employees and agents, including advertising, public relations, direct marketing and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to participation in the promotion and possession or use of the prize awarded and also acknowledge that they did not receive any representations, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness. Any liability of Cultured Pearl Association, Inc. shall be limited to ticket price paid and in the case of any dispute, The Cultured Pearl Association's decision shall be final. The Cultured Pearl Association reserves the right to modify or amend these rules without notice at any time, so please read this page regularly to ensure that you are updated as to any changes.
- By entering the raffle, participants agree that the Cultured Pearl Association of America, their agents and employees have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind which result from use of the prize, or by participation in the raffle. Contributions are not tax deductible.
The Cultured Pearl Association of America, Inc is a nonprofit group founded in 1957, comprised of the finest manufacturers, wholesalers, dealers and suppliers of Cultured Pearls in the United States.
Our intention is to "cultivate" awareness, interest, demand and successful marketability of Cultured Pearls for the retail community and the consumer level. Through promotion, education, public relations and unwavering commitment we aim to inspire an authentic passion for all Cultured Pearl varieties.
For more information contact
Bo Perry at 401-432-9990